I like to pretend that I am a wilderness survival guide and all of my followers are people I’m trying to keep alive stranded in the wild and every time I loose a follower they were eaten by bears.
"follow me if you want to live"
A long time ago when I was 12 my grandmother took me to DIsney World. But the same day I got there, my glasses broke so my 3 days there I couldn’t see Disney world.
It didn’t hit me till I saw all blurry Stitch and then I cried
Marc Madeleyn for Scotch & SodaF/W13 Campaign, photographed by Philippe Vogelenzang
- Scotch & Soda - Maison Scotch - Amsterdams Blauw
So you just gonna bring me a birthday gift on my birthday to my birthday party on my birthday with a birthday gift?
only like 1% of the population can make ‘your mom’ jokes without crying
trying to take a picture with your friends with a phone that doesnt have a front camera
The whole film took me altogether about 5 grueling months (usually 10-12hours a day) to do. I often felt my butt was going to grow into the chair I usually sat at.
Please note that this was simply my way of doing my film to achieve the soft-shaded style I wanted; there are many other ways of doing this and some are a lot faster with different results~! :)
- My film on DeviantArt | My film on Vimeo
- My film gifs on Tumblr
- You can see my storyboard animatic here (although the original had music, but like I mentioned, my placeholder music was by Joe Hisaishi, you know, Miyazaki’s composer, so it’s not really legal to upload it).
This tut differs a bit from my dA version, because tumblr lets me put the combination of gifs and jpegs :D.
Here’s a book that will really help you start animating:
here’s some books that are good for composition, storytelling and colours:
- Dream Worlds: Production Design for Animation
- The Art of Pixar: The Complete Color Scripts and Select Art from 25 Years of Animation
- Prepare to Board! Creating Story and Characters for Animated Features and Shorts
I hope these helped
I ask that no one removes the credit or source for this tutorial/guide please. thanks :)
And this is a keeper! No doubt about that! :)
I’m just gonna put this one on standby
for when I start my senior film!
I just replaced this hard drive and it says there’s a problem again
What the hell is going ON
dude do you ever think about how hard your 11 year old self would shit themselves if they saw your art style now
is that a threat
that looks like a threat